Friday, May 6, 2011

Jeff and I would like to introduce Grace Emma Warren!




After what seems like forever, we finally received our referral on Wednesday afternoon! We immediately sent the information to the U of M International Adoption Clinic (IAC) who quickly returned their assessment on Thursday. By Friday morning we'd signed the acceptance papers and sent them back to LSS. It's only a matter of time before we'll be in the RMI holding our daughter!

Grace was born on March 29, 2011, weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz. and measuring 18 inches long. At 1 month old she had grown to 8 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 21.5 inches! We're pretty sure the length measurements are slightly off as it would be a bit much to grow 3.5 inches in only 4 weeks. As you can see she's got quite the head of hair - she's a beautiful, healthy baby girl!


I spent the day sharing the news with family, friends and coworkers - everyone offering their congratulations and good wishes. In only a few hours 2 baby showers quickly entered the planning stage! My friends are the best! The most often asked question... "So, when do you go?" We aren't sure yet but have been told to expect to travel in approximately 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS PEOPLE! With as much prep as I've done, it still feels like I have way too much left to do.


First order of business now that we have a size and gender... clothes shopping! Me and my girls (Jen, Lori and Sarah) are heading out tomorrow with a couple of kids in tow to find some cute clothes for Grace. I actually might be the voice of reason on this expedition: Jen has a serious baby-clothes addiction, Lori has two boys (and we all know girl clothes are more fun), and Sarah... well, Sarah somehow causes my wallet to open up and spill money whenever we go on one of our all-day errand runs. The rule is going to be only get stuff I need to bring to the RMI! I'll let you know how that goes...

If I don't talk to you before Sunday, have a very happy Mother's Day - I know I will!

5 comments:

  1. Claire, Jon and I are so happy for you guys. I have been checking your blog often to see if there has been any news. We got an email update from LSS that hinted a match had been made. We will pray for safe travels, for this precious birth mother, for a smooth court date, and for the paperwork to be completed rapidly once you are in the islands. Jon and I would love to stick a little something in the mail for you guys. Would you mind emailing me your address (jenbwatson@comcast.net)? Congratulations and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
    She's is gorgeous!!! I love her hair- I think she has more then Noe! Buy hair clips (they're hard to find in RMI) or mini baby binders to try to control all that hair =) I did not think of that before hand =P
    We noticed that Dr. P likes to add 2 lbs growth per month and told us Noe was 13 lbs when we got there (she was 3 months) but a month later when we returned home she was barely 12ish after noticeably gaining weigh! The other families agreed with their baby's weights; I wonder if Kari and Jeff experienced the same thing.... Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS AND WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU, JON, BIRTHFAMILY AND OF COURSE LITTLE GRACE =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now! Shopping is fun and you're suppose to buy stuff when you go! haha. Sorry I didn't make it, but we'll for sure do some shopping once you get home. She'll probably have out grown all the stuff you bought recently by then. I can't wait to meet her! Be sure you let me know when you're planning to be back in SLP and I'll figure out how to get Lorilai and I up there so we can meet her. Super excited! ((PS. I might have to hide in your luggage still... I need a vacation!))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a Mother's Day present!

    ReplyDelete