Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hangin' in Houston

A brief stop in Houston and then off to Los Angeles. Only one mishap so far... have you ever had one of those moments that seems to last forever? You know, the ones that slow down while you yell "Noooooooooooo!" as the event unfolds?



Well, let's just say that if you're ever going to drop your cell phone in a toilet you don't want it to be on a plane. My precious Droid is gone. Not quite sure how it happened: micro bathroom, tiny jacket pocket, sleep deprivation, heavy phone. The sucker jumped right out of my pocket, over my arm, and plunged into the bowl hard enough to push right through the trap door at the bottom. *sigh* At least I'm due for an upgrade soon.

Meanwhile, we caught a few winks on the plane. First Class is good for that sort of thing but the food is really going downhill. I suppose breakfast - a cheese omelet - it a bit risky on a plane but what the heck was that gooey broccoli mush on top?

Until Los Angeles...

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about your phone! I guess that's why you didn't answer my text =) I did have one of those slow motion moments recently only it was with Raina falling backwards off her chair, landing on the very top of her head, and then "slowly" rolling down to the floor.

    Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was wondering why I didn't hear back from you. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile - At least it wasn't your billfold with all of your stuff in that. Phone is much easier to replace all be it tough to be without. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you followed my (bad) example of pulling an all-nighter before you left, I'm glad that you didn't also follow my inability to sleep on the flight(s). I couldn't even count the hours/days I was awake in a row. But of course with all the excitement of getting there it didn't matter! (Well that and the mai tais in first class they kept serving us).

    I can't tell you how many close calls I've had with losing my phone the same way you did. I can just see Jeff's face when you got back to your seat and told him what happened. :)

    You're almost to RMI as I type this - so exciting!

    ReplyDelete