Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 8: Saturday, 5/28


Lazy, lazy Saturday. Nothing happening except a walk up the road to see some more of the area and to try and find the Tourism Office... we did, but it's only open M-F. A little bit farther is a place offering the “Best Bar-B-Que in the Marshall Islands”. It wasn't half bad – I received 2 spare ribs, a chicken leg, white rice, macaroni/potato salad (yes, combined) and some spicey cole slaw for about $4. It was sprinking a bit on the way there but started to rain a bit harder on the way back. A nice guy pulled over and asked if we wanted a ride since we had the baby. He dropped us off at our hotel just a few minutes more down the road but in that time we found out he was originally from Guam but is married to a Marshallese woman and now lives here... he's also familiar with the Minnesota Vikings – yay! I offered him a few buck for gas (it's $5+ a gallon here) but he refused and wished us a good day and was off.



I got word that our blog wasn't allowing people to post comments to I tweaked a setting and it should be working again. When I log back in I'll double check but that means someone out there will need to have posted one for me to be sure. It's really great hearing from everyone and yes, I do have access to my gmail account so you can also send me emails. Just know that my responses to email might be short as I answer those while actually online and using up minutes.

I've also received a request for more info on what little Grace is up to... this seems a fine time to chat about that!

I think I posted the vital stats a few posts back but for anyone who missed it, she' now up to 10 ½ pounds and nearly 24 inches long. I was worried that the 0-3 month clothes we brought wouldn't fit or fit for long but they're doing just fine. Everyone here digs the cute clothes and comments about them every time we're out and about. As will happen with babies, Grace has been showing us new things almost every day... she's been smiling quite a bit and has started to grab on to things. She has also found her voice! She coos a lot more and thinks it's funny when I make the same sound back to her. I'm pretty sure she was laughing at my bad Marshallese accent. She has also shown us her cry... she doesn't cry for long but we've heard it now and I'm sure it won't be the last time :)

It's only about mid-day so we haven't met Emi for our movie yet. I'm looking forward to seeing it and will tell you how it goes tomorrow... E-Lee-Choo.

2 comments:

  1. You know I'll help you out by posting comments =) It's so cute that she's already doing new things...video??? Glad to hear (from your other post) that she probably isn't sick, just doesn't like the AC. Well, maybe not so great for you two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so glad I can finally post comments! Love reading all the updates and Jeff's blog too. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete