Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Update That Wasn't

I find myself with some free time this afternoon so I'm hanging out at the Oakdale Caribou waiting for my mom. Seems like a good time for an update. Now if I only had something to say!

Nothing has happened in the last week - at least not that we know about anyway. I assume the folks at the USCIS are busy running our fingerprints and making the determination that we aren't trying to unlawfully bring a foreign minor into the US. And that the nice people who work for the CAA in the Marshall Islands are figuring out that yes, in fact we would make outstanding parents...

This seems to be the longest stretch of wait time we've had since entering the RMI program where we haven't had anything official to do. An entire week... I think we can manage. Compared to most adoptions, I know ours is moving incredibly fast.

We have a travel meeting at the agency this weekend where we'll get to meet families who have already returned from the RMI. The hope is we'll get the skinny on what to pack, how to make flexible travel arrangements, the best places to stay/eat/shop while there, etc. Mostly I'm looking to connect with parents who have done what we're going to be doing.

Tomorrow morning we go to the Travel Clinic for shots, pills, prescriptions and advice. There isn't anything we are required to have but I'm sure they'll find some reason to stick us with needles.

Time for our appointment. That's all for now!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment