Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Adoption Still On Track - Hold Affects Another Agency

I doubt that anyone reading my blog has been on the discussion boards or gone out searching for others, but on the off chance some of you have, I wanted to fill you in on some hiccups happening with some RMI adoptions.

First, this DOES NOT affect our adoption or any adoptions going through our agency, Lutheran Social Service of MN (LSSMN). I'm using the full, official name so no one stumbling across this information gets confused and unecessarily worried.

Now... what is happening according to a message board called RMI-Kids is that the RMI has placed another agency (Journeys of the Heard - JOH) on hold for a while. There's much speculation and rumor but nothing explaining why this happened. There are comments stating that the RMI will continue to process the Dossiers they have already received from JOH families but will not take any additional. If true, I'm glad for that. I can only imagine how heart broken those families would be!

The good news at this point for us is that adoptions for all LSSMN families are progressing as normal - the hold does not affect us. I received an email from our LSSMN adoption worker even before I heard about the JOH hold letting us know about it and that our adoption is not at risk. I was pretty impressed and thankful that our adoption worker proactively sent the reassuring email. We've been well taken care of by LSSMN.

Please keep the families that are being affected by the JOH hold in your thoughts. I hope the situation resolves quickly.

Good night everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment