Monday, February 21, 2011

The Travel Meeting

This weekend we, along with 3 other waiting families, attended a travel meeting at our agency. There were 3 experienced families also there who have been helping LSS put together information to help families who haven't yet traveled. Everything from your normal logistics to things like what to expect in court and what the culture is like. Many, many thanks to all the experienced families - I loved meeting you all, hearing your stories, and seeing your photos!

Armed with the packing list we were given, this will be my first getting-ready-to-travel weekend. I'll start by setting up my travel staging area in the nursery to-be :) and then it's shopping time! Well, I should clarify... I'll be "shopping" at my friend Jen's. She's offered up an entire host of things for me to check out and, if I want, to take with us or use once we get back. Some of you know about the spreadsheet - sectioned out on tabs for clothing, feeding, care, play, etc. It's quite the collection of information she's gathered from parenting her two girls... oh, and the loads of reading and research she does looking into different foods and toys, etc. Everyone should have a Jen - and I am very grateful for mine!

We're hoping to hear from the USCIS and/or RMI in the next week or so. And yes, I think I said the same thing last week... but this time we were told that the RMI was getting ready to send some referrals "soon". With the JOH program on hold, I'm thinking that the referrals will come to LSS. I know we and one of the other waiting families at the meeting this weekend both have our Dossiers in the RMI for review so maybe we'll both get some good news this week!

Keep your fingers crossed...

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Thanks for sharing with me. If you need a reference, have them give me a call and I will tell them what wonderful parents you are!

    ReplyDelete