Monday, January 31, 2011

...and, Tracking the I-600A

Well folks... seems you get two posts in one day!

I just arrived home to find 4 letters from the Department of Homeland Security and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). I expected the first one - the I-797C, Notice of Action - saying, "Hey, we received your application and you're now in the queue." The second letter was just a receipt itemizing the fees we paid. Okay - so that's nice to have for our 2011 taxes.

What I didn't expect where the next two letters - the ones informing us our second round of fingerprints is scheduled for February 24th. Their language ("capture your biometrics") sounds cooler :) I figured these letters would be a week or two away but here they are!

We have to drive all the way over to St. Paul so they can capture our biometrics. Don't they know we're just across the river and would go tomorrow if they'd let us in!?! I'll ask our adoption social worker if it's possible to push it up a bit but I don't want to mess up the orderly process they seem to have going at the USCIS. So far they've done right by us and they best way to avoid trouble might just be to follow instructions and show up when told.

And in case anyone has any lingering doubts about us - we've now been fingerprinted and background checked by nearly everyone that matters... MN Dept of Human Services, FBI, USCIS/DHS. I guess we're missing Interpol...

No comments:

Post a Comment