Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No Action - Just a Quick Hello

I have a few minutes before I jump online to try and buy additional Home Opener tickets for the Twins so just a quick hello! While I've had some nice conversations with other waiting families this past week, no additional information is coming in from the USCIS or the RMI.

Our adoption worker at LSS upgraded her "soon" comment to "very, very soon" regarding the referral. Friend Lori has made a second prediction. As you may remember, her first (last Friday at 10:30) didn't come to pass. Now it's Thursday at 11:15... this is your last chance Lori - better get your psychic vibe on!  The countdown clock for the USCIS says 34 days - that's a full 12 weeks - but I'm still hoping for 8.

A number of you have asked me if we plan to keep our child's given name or if we're allowed to change it. Seems like a good time to answer that one: We can do either! Jeff and I haven't been talking names yet because, he says, you have to see the baby first. I'm inclined to believe him on that but would feel better if we had a short list to start from! We could choose to keep all or part of our child's given name. People often decide to keep a first name and move it to the middle. We'll wait until we get the referral and then decide.

If you have any other questions, post them in the Comments. It'd be great to hear from you just to see if anyone is reading this... hellooooo... oooo.... ooo...oo (that's my notation for an echo... )

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading! =) Very very soon sounds good!! Feel free to e-mail or call if you have any questions before the big trip!

    ReplyDelete